Monday, April 23, 2012

One Thousand Days Project Begins

This evening, as I sit here inspired but without direction, I am beginning the next One Thousand Days project.  My previous project was a Blurb book. It covered a three year span of nature photography. It was not a thousand consecutive days of nature photography but was, instead, the in-between moments within a thousand day span.  This project, I think, will be different.  This Blog will follow a thousand days in nature, no matter how long that really takes.  Some years are better than others.  Some years find me outdoors in pursuit of the wild, camera in hand, multiple times per week.  Other years stretch me thin and keep me longing for the company of all things wild.   I'll probably pursue this project in two directions. I'll write as new things happen, and I'll write as I recall the moments of previous years.

This will be a journey of One Thousand Days, One Thousand entries, One Thousand unique moments in nature.

It starts just one day after the 42nd Earth Day, in my own 42nd year.   I promise to be candid but kind, honest and gritty, more or less genuine. 

What you will experience will be real, and the images that accompany are not doctored or transformed from nature...only saturated, sharpened and cared for the way they should be.

Enjoy One Thousand Days in Nature!

1 comment:

  1. As a teacher you are helping Ojibwe children connect more with nature, and they, in turn, teach others. We rely on our native people to guide us toward more respect for nature...so, many thanks for being part of that circle.

    ReplyDelete